· By Brian Farrell
Salted Chocolate Raspberry Brownie
Salted Chocolate and Raspberry Brownie
This is truly the easiest Chocolate brownie recipe I have ever used.
Preheat oven to 160C (fan assisted oven)
Baking tin 30cm x 23cm (lined with parchment paper)
245g of 70% dark chocolate drops
200g butter diced.
175g caster sugar
125g light brown sugar
2tsp vanilla extract
115g plain flour (sieved)
Pinch of West of Dingle Sea salt
125g Fresh Raspberries (mashed)
Optional 100g dark chocolate chopped in to chunks to scatter on top before placing in oven.
- Put the chocolate and the butter into a heat proof bowl and set over a pot of gently simmering water (don’t let the bottom of the bowl touch the water underneath) keep stirring until fully melted.
- Remove from the heat and cool the chocolate down by whisking in both sugars using a balloon whisk. Add the beaten eggs and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Gradually add in the flour with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in the mashed raspberries. Pour it all into the lined tray and just before placing it in the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chunks on top of the brownie mixture.
- Bake in the oven until cracked around the edges and soft in the middle. In our oven its cooked in 22 minutes but you may need to leave it in a little longer as oven temperatures vary. It will firm up as it cools.
- To Serve: sprinkle a little West of Dingle natural sea salt for crunch then add a dollop of fresh cream or ice cream on the side. Enjoy!